This article will walk you through the simplest methods for resetting a Vizio TV wont turn on issue. Vizio is a well-known brand in the television industry. This television provides the best viewing experience and is ideal for your home theater.
Normally, you can reset the television manually. However, if your Vizio TV won’t turn on, resetting it appears to be difficult. It is, however, not impossible. We’ll show you how to reset your Vizio TV if it’s not turning on.
On any given day, you’re all set to unwind and relax by watching a good movie, web series, or soccer match on your Vizio TV, only to discover that it won’t turn on. There is no worse way to ruin your mood. One might assume that the TV is broken and that it requires the services of a technician to be repaired.
If something similar happens to your Vizio TV, don’t lose your cool; it might not be as serious as it appears. In fact, you should spend a few minutes troubleshooting your Vizio TV because there could be several reasons for your Vizio TV not turning on, and knowing a possible cause can help you resolve the issue quickly.
METHODS TO RESET YOUR VIZIO TV THAT WON’T TURN ON
There is a quick and simple reset method that will work even if your TV is turned off. Follow the steps outlined below;
- Unplug your Vizio TV’s power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait a full 60 seconds.
- For 15-20 seconds, press and hold the power button on your Vizio TV.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
This will reset your Vizio TV; turn it on now. If this trick does not work the first time, try it three or four times more. Additionally, increase the time by 60 minutes to properly reset your TV.
There is another way to restart your Vizio TV if it is not turning on;
- Unplug your TV’s power cord from the back (not directly from the power outlet).
- Wait for the full 60 seconds before reconnecting the power cord to your TV. This trick will reset your television.
- Turn it on by pressing the physical power button on your television.
- The power cord should be firmly plugged in; it should not be loose.
Before starting the process, make sure your Vizio TV is plugged in and receiving power from the supply.
- Press and hold the ‘CH+’ and ‘CH-‘ buttons on your TV remote together. (First, ensure that your Vizio TV remote is operational.)
- Press the power button once while holding the channel buttons.
- Now, press the ‘Menu’ button, and your TV screen will show a ‘F’ in the lower right corner.
- To access the ‘Service Menu,’ press the ‘Menu’ button a few more times.
- The factory reset menu can be found here. To proceed, press the menu button once more. This will reset your Vizio TV if it is not turning on.
Method 4: Reset Vizio SmartCast TV
If you have a Vizio SmartCast TV that won’t turn on, you can reset it using the steps below.
- Locate the ‘Input’ and ‘Volume’ buttons on the side of your TV.
- Hold down both of these buttons for 10-15 seconds.
- Following that, your TV screen will display a message; follow it and hold the input button.
- This method will return your Vizio SmartCast TV to its factory default settings.
Alternative Video: How To Reset Vizio TV?
READ ALSO: How To Fix Vizio TV Wont Turn On White Light is On Issue? (8 Easy Fixes)
FACTORY RESET VIZIO TV
Click the Menu button with the TV turned on (hopefully, unplugging it or removing the remote batteries was able to temporarily power the TV). There should be a “System” option in the menu; select it. Then look for “Reset & Admin” and “Reset TV to Factory Defaults.”
Before resetting the Vizio TV, it may prompt you for a code. If it does, the default code is 0000, which is four zeros. This will essentially return your Vizio TV to the settings it had on the day you bought it.
FACTORY RESET VIZIO TV WITHOUT REMOTE
If you don’t have access to your TV’s remote for whatever reason, you can still factory reset your Vizio TV by pressing the power button. Depending on the model, this may be located on the right, left, or very bottom of the device.
With the TV turned on, simultaneously press and hold the volume down and source buttons. After a few seconds, your television will instruct you to press and hold the input button. For at least 10 seconds, press and hold the input button. This will turn off the TV, reboot it, and perform a factory reset.
The reboot and reset procedure can take up to a minute. At this point you should have fully resolved your power issues but just in case you haven’t I’ve included some additional steps worth trying before calling it quits.
RESET POWER SUPPLY
It’s also a bit risky of a step because this may not necessarily be what’s causing your power issues! If you’re still willing to take the chance, here’s what to do:
- Check to see if your TV’s stand-by light is turned on before proceeding. If it is, your power supply board is most likely operational, and this step should be skipped.
- If you have no power and no standby light, your power board is most likely defective or dead. A power surge could easily cause this.
- Vizio TVs are known for having faulty/weak power supplies, but the good news is that they are only about $65 to repair (if you’re willing to do the work of removing it from the TV yourself).
- I’ve included a helpful tutorial for removing the power supply from a Vizio TV below.
- Keep in mind that this process will take some time because you will need to remove every single screw on the back of the TV in order to remove the casing and, eventually, the power supply.
If nothing else has worked and you really want to keep your Vizio TV, you can try removing the power supply and sending it in for repair.
VIZIO CUSTOMER SUPPORT
If all other troubleshooting methods have been exhausted, it may be time to contact Vizio customer service. They might be able to provide specific instructions for your Vizio TV model. Contacting tech support may resolve the problem, but there may be other issues with your TV that you cannot resolve on your own.
Customer service will help you resolve the problem by providing step-by-step instructions over the phone or explaining how to have your TV repaired by authorized personnel.
If the power indicator on your Vizio TV is turned on but the TV does not turn on, this indicates a software issue. However, this can be resolved by resetting the television. So far, this article has provided you with four methods for resetting a Vizio TV that will not turn on.
Hopefully, your issue has been resolved. Keep in touch with us to read more amazing articles. If your Vizio TV still won’t turn on after you’ve tried every method in the book, you should check your product warranty or replacement policy (if it’s a new TV).
If your warranty period has expired, you can also hire a third-party repair service. We hope our comprehensive guide explains why your Vizio TV won’t turn on. Tell us in the comments.
FAQs About Vizio TV Resetting
How do I reset my Vizio TV when the screen is black?
Unplug the power cord from the back of the TV or the wall outlet (whichever is more convenient). Press and hold the power button on the side of the TV for 5 seconds. Reattach the power cord and turn on the television.
Why won’t my Vizio TV turn on even though the light is turned on?
If your Vizio TV won’t turn on but the white light is on, it’s likely that the remote isn’t working properly. Remove and re-insert the batteries to reset the remote. Replace the batteries in your remote control with new ones. Additionally, try using a different remote to turn on your Vizio TV.
Why is my Vizio TV not restarting?
What exactly is this? If your Vizio TV refuses to restart, you may be able to resolve the issue by simply power cycling the TV (see “Vizio TV Keeps Resetting”). If this does not work, you may need to perform a factory reset. To accomplish this, go to ‘Menu’ > ‘System’ > ‘Reset & Admin’ > ‘Reset TV to Factory Defaults’ > enter parental code > ‘OK.’