What should you do if you are trying to view a web page in your Chrome browser and the message “No internet” appears despite the fact that your internet connection is active?
Isn’t it irritating when this happens?
This appears to be a problem with the Firewall configuration since it appears to be blocking Google Chrome from accessing the web page.
It’s because of the Firewall exceptions that have been established for Google Chrome, which might be owing to a program that has been installed lately, a recent update, or even because you unintentionally clicked on it.
This is a well-known problem, and it is also one that can be readily resolved. Let’s have a look at how to fix the firewall blocking internet.
Best Home Firewall Appliance
Connections are being denied by the Windows Firewall
The existence of a firewall or antivirus software on a local computer or network connection might have an impact on outgoing connections. Windows includes a built-in Internet Firewall that is on by default and prevents any FTP traffic from passing through it.
You have the option of turning off this firewall (which Microsoft does not suggest) or configuring it to accept connections through CuteFTP. Open ports 20 and 21 on your firewall by configuring it to do so (not blocked).
It may also be essential to provide CuteFTP special permission to access certain ports in order for them to function properly. To add CuteFTP to the list of Windows Firewall exceptions, follow the procedures outlined below.
- To add CuteFTP to the Windows Firewall exceptions list, follow the steps below.
- In the Windows Control Panel, select Security Center, then Windows Firewall from the drop-down menu. On the General tab, make sure that Windows Firewall is turned on, and then uncheck the box that says “Don’t accept exceptions.” On the Exceptions tab, check the Programs and Services list to see if CuteFTP is among the programs and services mentioned. Look for the following:
- CuteFTP (the interface) ftpte.exe (the file transfer protocol) (the Transfer Engine) Both programs must be listed as exceptions in the exceptions list.
Follow the procedures outlined below to add either one or both programs to the list if they are not already there.
- Select Add Program from the drop-down menu. The dialog window for adding a program appears.
- Select CuteFTP from the Programs drop-down menu, then click OK. The dialog window for adding a program is closed.
- Select Add Program from the drop-down menu. The dialog window for adding a program appears.
- Click Browse to browse to the CuteFTP installation folder (which is by default located at C: Program FilesGlobalscape), then double-click ftpte.exe and then click Open.
- To dismiss the Add a Program dialog box and save your changes, press the OK button.
- Make that both applications are shown in the Programs and Services list, then click OK to close Windows Firewall.
The transfer engine and the interface will no longer be blocked by the firewall.
Here are the 5 Ways To Fix Firewall Blocking the Internet:
Method 1: Using the Chrome Preferences
Step 1: In the Google Chrome browser, click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the browser’s extreme upper right corner, and then select Settings from the context menu that appears.
Click on the three vertical dots
Step 2: Second, in the Settings box, scroll down and select Advanced from the drop-down menu that appears.
Step 3: Scroll down to the Reset and clean up section, and beneath it, click on the Restore settings to their original defaults option to complete the process.
Reset and clean up section
Step 4: In the Reset Settings dialog, select the Reset Settings option.
Reset Settings option
Always keep in mind that changing the settings will erase any previously saved bookmarks, history, saved passwords, and temporary cookies. As a result, before you press the button, double-check your decision.
Your Chrome browser should be fully operational at this point.
Method 2: In Device Manager, disable VPN network adapters.
- Type “device management” into the search box in the Windows 10 taskbar.
- Increase the number of network adapters.
- Locate the VPN adapter and select Disable from the context menu.
Locate the VPN adapter and select Disable
Method 3: Uninstalling Virtual Private Network Software
If you have any VPN software installed on your computer, it is possible that this is the source of the problem. Try uninstalling any VPN software you may have installed on your computer and reinstalling it.
Method 4: Making Use of the Control Panel
Step 1: Go to your desktop and search for Windows Defender Firewall in the search box by double-clicking on the Windows icon.
Clicking on the result will bring up the Control Panel window, where you may configure the Windows Defender Firewall.
Making Use of the Control Panel
Step 2: The Private Networks and Guest or Public Networks sections on the right of the Control Panel window should both be green, which indicates that everything is in working order.
On the left-hand side of the window, select Allow an app or feature via Windows Defender Firewall from the drop-down menu.
Guest or Public Networks sections
Step 3: In the following box, under the Allow programs to interact through the Windows Defender Firewall option, scroll down and look for Google Chrome, which is located at the bottom of the list of apps.
If you see that the boxes adjacent to it are left unchecked, tick those boxes as well. Make certain that Chrome is selected, with both the private and public settings selected as well. To save the changes and depart, press the OK button.
- Allow programs to interact through the Windows Defender
- Restart Chrome to see whether the issue has been resolved.
- It should now be able to begin loading web pages.
In the event that you have previously checked Google Chrome in the Control Panel and your online sites are still not loading, proceed to Method 2.
HOW TO FIX VIRUS SOFTWARE PREVENTING ACCESS TO WIFI?
- Getting online will be impossible if your antivirus software is interfering with your Internet or Wi-Fi connection.
- It is also possible that the firewall is preventing you from accessing the Internet, in which case you should investigate.
You will need to start by examining your network connection and the components that make up your network.
It is also possible to resolve this issue fast by checking the exceptions from your firewall.
Restore PC Repair Tool is a useful tool for repairing a variety of PC issues.
Using this program, you can fix common computer issues, secure your computer from file loss and viruses, prevent hardware failure, and optimize your machine for optimal performance. In only three simple actions, you can resolve PC difficulties and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restore PC Repair Tool, which includes Patented Technologies, and run it (patent available here).
- Select Start Scan in order to identify any Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties.
- Select Repair from the drop-down menu. All of this is done in order to resolve issues impacting the security and efficiency of your computer.
This month, 538,156 readers have downloaded Restore from the App Store. It’s true that cybercrime exists, and having an antivirus program is essential if you want to keep your data, privacy, and functioning safely on a regular basis.
Furthermore, modern antivirus solutions are almost always all-in-one packages that include cloud protection and firewalls, as well as system optimization and other features.
However, in some cases, the aforementioned firewalls might prohibit you from connecting to your Wi-Fi network, stopping you from accessing the Internet.
My antivirus software is preventing me from accessing the internet! Given the gravity of the situation, we felt it was important to address the issue in this post. Consider taking a look at the actions outlined below to ensure that we can resolve this issue in a timely manner.
How can I unblock an Internet connection that has been restricted by my antivirus?
- Start the Internet Connections troubleshooter and see if it helps.
- Check the connection to make sure it’s working.
- Examine the firewall’s exceptions
- Restore the antivirus to its default configuration.
- Reinstall the antivirus software.
- Disable your antivirus software.
- To begin, run the Internet Connections troubleshooter. Settings may be accessed by selecting Start > Settings from the context menu.
- From the drop-down option, choose Update & Security.
- Now, from the left pane, select Troubleshoot, and from the right pane, pick Additional troubleshooters to begin the troubleshooting process.
- Select Internet Connections from the drop-down menu and press the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen in order to complete the operation.
To begin troubleshooting in this circumstance, a specialized troubleshooter should be utilized. And, despite the fact that it may be deemed simple, it assisted a large number of customers in resolving their connection issues.
Checking the Connection
Let’s start by ruling out any other reasonable reasons for this occurrence. There are numerous possible causes for your PC’s inability to connect to the Internet or your favorite Wi-Fi network.
As a result, we recommend that you follow the methods outlined below and investigate other possible causes of this burning issue:
- Shut off your computer.
- Reboot your modem and router.
- See if anything changes if you use a LAN wire instead of Wi-Fi.
- Enter Safe Mode with Networking enabled and attempt to connect.
- Run the Windows Troubleshooter utility.
Your router/firmware modems should be updated. Examine the firewall exceptions. The antivirus or antimalware solution cannot, in and of itself, disable the internet connection.
However, by combining multiple security solutions into a single package, we were able to get third-party firewalls. These firewalls might be preventing Internet or Wi-Fi access.
Sometimes by accident, and other times because you have a reasonable suspicion that your network is unsafe. To control this, reconnect your router, reset all equipment as previously suggested, and monitor for changes.
If such steps are ineffective, be sure to properly check the Firewall component of your antimalware package. Individual applications (such as browsers and e-mail clients) can be allowed to interact over the firewall by creating exceptions.
This method varies, so be careful to Google your antimalware or check the Help section to learn how to perform it.
Furthermore, several customers claimed that big upgrades created problems with various antivirus programs. Make careful you reinstall it, and perhaps the developers will release timely patches.
BONUS: Use a firewall to prevent unauthorized access to your Mac.
When you’re linked to the internet or a network, a firewall can protect your Mac from unwanted interactions made by other computers.
However, certain services and programs may still be accessed through the firewall on your Mac. As an example:
When you enable a sharing service, such as file sharing, macOS opens a particular port over which the service may interact.
Another system’s program or service can request and be granted access over the firewall, or it may have a trusted certificate and therefore be granted access. You may choose applications and services and define whether they can access the firewall for further control.
Enable firewall protection.
- On your Mac, go to the Apple menu > System Preferences, then Security & Privacy, and finally Firewall.
- If the lock in the lower-left corner is locked, click it to unlock the preference pane.
- Select Turn On Firewall from the drop-down menu.
Click Firewall Options and then perform any of the following to select extra security settings:
- Allow just the following apps and services to connect: Click the Add button, then in the resulting box, pick the app or service.
- Allow just the following apps and services to connect: Check the option that says “Block all inbound connections.”
- Allow built-in software to receive incoming connections automatically: Check the box next to “Automatically enable built-in software to receive incoming connections.”
- Allow downloaded signed applications to receive incoming connections automatically:
- Check the option that says “Automatically enable downloaded signed applications to receive incoming connections.”
To make it more difficult for hackers and viruses to discover your Mac, enable stealth mode: Choose “Enable stealth mode.”
CONCLUSION On Firewall Blocking Internet
Most of the time, just blocking the executable file of the software is sufficient to prevent it from accessing the Internet.
This technique, on the other hand, may not be effective with online games.
Because Minecraft connects to the Internet through the Java application (executable file Javaw.exe), if you want to block access to Minecraft game servers, you should block the corresponding Java application (executable file Javaw.exe), which is why you should block the Java executable file Javaw.exe.
FAQs About Firewall Blocking Internet
How can I prevent my Firewall from interfering with my Internet access?
Microsoft Defender Firewall may be turned on or off.
Click on the Start button, then Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Windows
Security and then Firewall & network protection. Open the Windows Security settings.
Choose a network profile to work with.
Turn on Microsoft Defender Firewall by selecting it from the drop-down menu.
To turn it off, choose the Off option from the drop-down menu.
How do Determine whether a program has been blocked by the Windows Firewall on a computer?
Start by launching Windows Security on your compute
Select Firewall and network protection from the drop-down menu.
Navigate to the left-hand panel.
Select Allow an app or feature via the Firewall from the drop-down menu.
You will see a list of the applications that have been permitted and those that have been banned by the Windows Firewall.
What is it that is interfering with your Internet connection?
One of the most common reasons for internet connectivity problems in Windows 10 is malware or viruses, which may infect your computer via a downloaded file, an infected USB drive, or any other harmful file. These infections have the ability to alter your network and browser settings, resulting in the error message “Your internet connection has been restricted.”