If you have ever wondered what USB-C and USB-A cables are compatible with your devices, then this article is for you! The truth is that there are so many options out there that it can be hard to know which one will work best.
That’s where the best USB C and USB A Power Tester come in. It tests if a power cable will charge your device, or if it’s just another dud. This review will help guide you through everything about the product and why it might be worth making room on your desk for one of these bad boys!
Early versions of USB were only intended for data transfer. There was no official voltage rating at all! Coiled copper wires, on the other hand, are capable of transferring electricity by definition. In the case of USB 1.0, this was approximately 1.5 volts, but it was sufficient to power very small devices.
Manufacturers jumped on the opportunity almost immediately, and USB designers took notice. Later versions of the USB were designed to deliver increasing amounts of power.
You could start by powering a USB desk fan. You could then charge your smartphone. Nowadays, you can use a USB to power a laptop, an external hard drive, and other mid-sized devices.
Top 5 Best USB C and USB A Power Tester on Amazon
- UPGRADED MULTIFUNCTIONAL USB C POWER METER: Detects the charging status and process of your USB-enabled or type c-enabled devices. Supports QC3.0, QC2.0 and BC1.2. A Must Gadget checks the charging performance (charging speed and quality) of the output wall/car/solar panel chargers and USB charging cables. It can be also used to find the highest current of the Wireless Charger, and test capacity and electric energy of power bank.
- PROFESSIONAL SAFETY GUARD: Featured with over-voltage protection, over-current protection, under-voltage protection, low energy protection and alarm system. This upgraded USB Type C tester can detect safety and maximally protect the appliances from damaging. It will cut off output automatically and alarm by sound, while it will save data when power off suddenly.
- MULTIPLE COLOR SCREEN DISPLAY MODES: New upgraded version offers 8 LCD main color screen display interfaces, allowing switching the display interface by pressing the key. With the new interface settings, this instrument can monitor voltage, current, capacity, electric quantity, power, load impedance, D+/D- voltage and other data of USB.
- WIDE RANGE OF APPLICATION: Thanks to the PD protocol quick charging mode measurement technology, this new multimeter supports the updated iPhone X mobile phone. (Support iphone 8 / 8P / iPhone Xs quick charging, 29W power, 5V3A / 9V3A / 12V2.5A / 15V2A). It also can be applied to test other type C devices, Compatible With Galaxy S10/S9/Note 10 +, ChromeBookPixel, OnePlus and More.
- EVERSAME PROMISE: We have always believed that a stable and continuously improve product quality. We trust our products and we offer worry-free 18-month. For any reason you are unsatisfied with our product, just feel free to contact support for exchange or refund. WHAT WE PROVIDE: 1X USB Tester. (Note: If the USB Tester doesn’t display any parameters, please insert the small adapter being sent with the package into the side hole on the USB Tester, to trigger the PD Charging Function. )
- New feature: Type-C interface is fully reinforced, which solves the problem of USB port falling off due to multiple plugging and unplugging, so you can use it with confidence. Added high temperature warning function. When the detected temperature exceeds 45 degrees, the green temperature value on the display interface will turn red, and a red exclamation mark will appear to remind you that the temperature is abnormal
- High-quality raw materials: Safety plug, suitable for any electronic device with USB-C, Type-C, suitable for a variety of environments (aluminum alloy joints, precision built to effectively avoid oxidation and rust); Robust interface , sensitive touch, aluminum alloy material, (built-in aluminum alloy plate, anti-friction and anti-rust for repeated use)
- Igh-definition color LCD display: Two-way connection, high brightness, long life, using USB monitor, the state of charging is clear at a glance
- Type-C interface: time timing, no explosion, to prevent accidents; Button function: The button menu can display the change page, the quick screen display can pop up, long press for 3 seconds to delete the data, long press and then connect a reasonable 5V current to restore the voltage. USB-Type-C power adapter tester - load or digital device
- We Have a Strong After-sales Service Team: As long as you have any questions about the product, we will resolve your issue immediately if received your email,How to email us Plz click "MakerHawk-US" and click "Ask a question" to email us! looking forward to your consultation
- 【Latest Upgraded USB C Power Meter Tester】:Maximum voltage Current 32V/5.1A/150W,The multimeter tester can monitor Voltage,Current,Capacity,Electric Quantity,Power,Temperature,Resistance,Charging Time and other data of the USB or type C Port Devices.A Must Gadget checks the charging performance(charging speed and quality) of the output wall/car/solar panel chargers and USB charging cables.It can be also used test capacity and electric energy of power bank.
- 【Latest Upgraded IPS Color Display Screen】: New upgraded version offers 8 IPS main color screen display interfaces,allowing switching the display interface by pressing the key.With the new interface settings,this instrument can monitor voltage,current,capacity,electric quantity,power,load impedance,D/D- voltage and other data of USB.Click the button to switch in multiple interfaces.(Supports flipping the screen to 180 degree, and 3 kinds of personalized interfaces!)
- 【Test Power Bank Capacity】Before testing the power Bank,please fully charge the power bank,insert the tester and double-click to clear the data,then connect the load or mobile phone (continuous discharge is required).ensure that the discharge voltage is 5V or 9V.(mAh is multiplied by 1.35 when discharge voltage 5V, and mAh is multiplied by 2.45 when discharge voltage is 9V, which is equal to the exact capacity of the battery of the power bank.)
- 【WIDE RANGE OF APPLICATION】: The USB tester comes with A OTG adapter, supports PD3.0/PD2.0, QC3.0/QC2.0,BC1.2 and USB A or USB C port,supports the updated iPhone 11 Pro mobile phone.(Support iphone 11/X/iPhone Xs quick charging, 29W power, 5V3A / 9V3A / 12V2.5A / 15V2A).Compatible with new MacBook Pro, MacBook, iMac, iMac Pro, Dell XPS, Acer Aspire, HP Spectre, ASUE Zenbook , Lenovo Thinkpad, Eluktronics, Razer Blade Stealth, Chromebook, Microsoft Surface Pro and more Type C devices and chargers
- 【Important Tips and 18 Month Warranty Service]】:When your device does not have a USB port, you can use an alligator clip to clamp the positive and negative poles and convert to USB before testing. When your USB-C device cannot be tested, please insert a small adapter, the small adapter will start the tester. If you receive a defective USB tester or if you have any questions, please contact us first to obtain a valid warranty replacement service for replacement or other assistance.
- High PrColor screen - 8 interfaces - Support USB, Type-C, DC5.5, micro USB. It can measure the voltage and current changes during the operation/charging process of various DC inverters such as mobile phones, notebooks, desk lamps, routers, set-top boxes, etcracy display. Its measurement accuracy reaches 0.00001.
- Wide Applications：With the USB tester, you are able to test notebooks, car emergency power supplies, routers and other DC products, monitoring current, voltage, power, capacity, power and other state of charge in real time.
- The tester and mobile phone enable to realize APP. And charging status, various measurement data & graph can be transmitted and viewed on your phone. You can switch different measurement interfaces by pressing the button.
- Multi Functions：Functions include screen flip, fast charge recognition, energy capacity detection, temperature measurement, accuracy measurement, two-way current measurement and other data tests(temperature probe is not included).
- Safety Protection：Featured with over-voltage protection, over-current protection, low-voltage protection, charging time setting and auto-off function, the meter can detect safely and maximally protect the appliances from damaging.
- Detect various fast charging protocols: The tester supports Qualcomm QC2.0/3.0/4.0 Huawei FCP, SCP, Samsung, APPLE fast charging detection to meet the needs of various mobile phone users, and supports electrical signal monitoring during PD3.0/2.0 fast charging protocol, to meet various the needs of mobile phone users
- Upgraded multi-function tester: Check your phone's battery capacity and charging cable, charging speed and quality of your data cable. It can also be used to find the highest current of the wireless charger, test the capacity and power of the mobile power supply, and support the function of automatic data saving after power failure
- Professional safety protection: The usb tester has overvoltage protection, overcurrent protection, undervoltage protection, low energy protection and a high temperature alarm system over 45 degrees. This upgraded USB Type C tester detects security and maximizes device protection from damage.You can monitor voltage and current and troubleshoot maintenance for your electronic products to protect your equipment
- A variety of color screen display modes: The new upgraded version provides 12 LCD main color screen display interfaces, and the button switches the display interface. Through the new interface settings, support OTG function, monitor the voltage, current, capacity, power, power, load impedance, D+/D- voltage and other data of USB or type c-supported devices
- After-sales service: We have a strong after-sales service team. As long as you have any questions about the product, we will solve your problem as soon as we receive your email. If you have received a defective USB tester or have any questions, please contact us first for a valid warranty and replacement service. We offer Please click "MakerHawk-US" and click how to email us "Ask a question" to email us, looking forward to your inquiry, we will reply you within 24 hours
USB C Voltage Current Voltmeter
One of the most frustrating things about owning an iPhone 7 has been charging my phone at night – I’ve had more than my fair share of waking up to an uncharged smartphone.
If you’ve ever had an experience like mine – then the USB-C Power Tester might be for you! This device will allow you to test out your power cables and figure out which ones are worth keeping on hand.
It’ll also let you know if that dud from Amazon is actually going to charge your device quickly. You can find this tester anywhere between $24-$30 online, making it a worthwhile investment for any tech lover who simply wants their devices charged without worry or hassle.
My favorite thing about this product is how easy it is to use.
Related article: USB Power Monitors
What to look for in a USB-C Power Tester?
– A USB-C Power Tester should be able to test any cables with a female port that is capable of carrying power. This includes charging cables and even USB cords for your devices like laptops, phones, tablets, etc.
– It’s important to take into account the length of the cord (the longer the better) when considering which one you want to purchase. You also need to consider whether or not it has grounding capabilities because these can help protect against electric shock in certain situations.
Finally, make sure it’s easy enough on batteries so you don’t have an issue using this product time and again! 🙂
If you’re looking for a device that will provide peace of mind at night – then I would highly our list on this article.
Functions Test Charging Speed & Quality of USB Cable
– USB-C Power Tester: This product is for those who are looking to test the quality of USB cables and chargers. It’s perfect for figuring out if your charging cable or adapter can actually carry power through it successfully.
We’ve all been there before where we’re plugging in our devices, but nothing happens because the cord isn’t capable of carrying a charge!
– USB A Power Tester: This device tests whether or not your charger is able to deliver enough electricity (in amps) needed to charge a particular device you have plugged into it. If you love knowing how much juice that new battery has left – then this tool will help say goodbye to guessing games forever! 🙂
The last thing I would recommend is to make sure that you’re using the correct USB plug for your device. Some phones and tablets require a micro USB charger, while others need an apple iPhone connector.
A Must-Have Gadget for Testing or Repairing Phones and Chargers
Examine the charging performance (charging speed and quality) of the output wall/car/solar panel chargers and USB charging cables and the power bank’s capacity and electric energy.
– It can also be used to determine the Wireless Charger’s/Wireless Charging Stand’s/Wireless Charging Pad’s maximum current output.
Note: If the USB Tester does not display any parameters, please insert the small adapter included with the package into the USB Tester’s side hole to activate the PD Charging Function.
Test Capacity and Electric Energy of Power Bank
Make sure the power bank to be tested is fully charged first, then plug this USB Tester into it and reset the capacity and electric energy by long-pressing, and connect your phone or load or other discharging devices, allowing it to charge your phone or load or other discharging devices until the power bank runs out of energy.
Finally, the reading on this multimeter is accurate information about the capacity of your power. Here is one example of one of the good USB C and USB A Power testers.
The Klein Tools ET920 USB Power Meter, USB-A and USB-C Digital Meter for Voltage, Current, Capacity, Energy, and Resistance.
Klein Tools is a tried and true manufacturer that makes a variety of measuring and testing equipment. The ET920 USB Power Meter has a handy four-way selector knob that allows you to quickly measure voltage, current, capacity, and energy. It also displays the resistance level of the circuit in ohms for quick diagnostics.
That is all true but it does not have a battery built into it so you will need an extra power pack or another device with a Micro USB port to charge this tester up as well as your phone or load because if it gets low on power then nothing will work until you plug something else into it.
This meter can help test if your USB hub works properly by measuring its output voltage and checking out how much electricity is delivered through each one of its ports at any given moment – making sure they are nicely flowing to charge your USB-powered devices.
Another use would be to test the output of chargers and power banks, such as those used for mobile phones or tablets. This way you can measure how much current is delivered by each port in amps (or milliamps) – a handy tool when planning which charger will best suit different gadgets.
Functions and Accuracy
The ET920 isn’t just a professional-grade camera on the outside. It also offers some of the best testing results money can buy. For starters, it may necessitate a variety of reading styles. Voltage, current (amps), resistance, charge delivered, and even power bank capacity can all be measured.
It does not, however, rely solely on these readings. It has the capability of storing up to ten readings in memory for later recall. Even better, it can continuously monitor up to 1,000 hours and track minimum and maximum numbers.
This means you can leave it in place for nearly six weeks and still have data for the entire time. You can test almost any USB connection in terms of reading range. On the USB Type-A side, you can detect currents ranging from 3 to 20 volts and 0.05 to 3 amps.
The minimum numbers are the same for Type-C, but the tester can handle up to 5 amps. Why so much? The maximum power for USB Power Delivery is 100 watts at 20 volts and 5 amps (PD). There is currently no USB port on any of the devices.
Meanwhile, for diagnostic purposes, a very low minimum of 0.05 amps is available. After all, you’re most likely testing a USB connection because it’s not working properly. The lower the recommended minimum reading, the better.
Conclusion On Best USB A And USB C Tester
In conclusion, this power tester is an excellent device that not only tests whether a USB connection works properly but also if it delivers enough juice to provide ample energy for fast charging various types of smartphones and other portable electronics with USB ports.
With smart features like displaying voltage, current capacity, and resistance levels at the push of a button, this should be something every gadget junkie has on their desk
I hope this review helped people to feel more educated about USB cables & chargers! This is especially important because there are so many different types out in the market today – it can be hard to know which one will fit your needs best.
I recommend going with a brand you trust most often, or at least making sure they offer some sort of warranty on their products as well 🙂
FAQs About The Best USB A And USB C Tester
How do I test my USB C cable?
USBCheck is an app that can help you determine whether your USB Type-C cable is up to standard. The app measures the current draw of a cable while it is connected to your phone. If it detects that the cable is receiving the proper amount of power, it will return a positive result.
What does a USB tester do?
This simple device allows you to test the functionality of any computer’s USB ports by using a green LED and a message from your operating system. It will enable you to test the proper assembly of any port without putting any expensive device at risk.
Is USB C to C better than C to A?
Which is better, USB-A or USB-C? Because of its higher data transfer rates, ability to charge large electronics, and symmetrical connection port, USB-C is undeniably the superior connection type. This is why it is quickly becoming the industry standard and will become ubiquitous.