Whether you work from home, are an avid gamer, or are just looking to increase your streaming speeds, getting the Best Wifi Extender can up your download and upload speed and strengthen your connection, no matter where you are in your house.
If you struggle with connectivity issues in your home firewall or are looking to boost your connection to reach new areas of your house, a Wi-Fi booster (also known as a wi-fi extender) can drastically increase the range on your router, and make it easier than ever to get quality service, no matter where you are.
When it comes to WiFi boosters, it can be easy to get bogged down by the technical terms and feel like you’re in over your head. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the top 10 best Wi-Fi extenders for home use, so you can shop with confidence knowing you are getting the best of the best.
Each of the extenders in this list has been chosen with home use in mind, so you can get faster downloads and uploads in no time flat, with fewer connectivity issues overall. In a hurry to get a better-than-ever Wi-Fi connection?
We’ve pulled together our top choices in the table below, so you can get stronger internet through your whole home in a snap. But keep reading to find out why we’ve picked these boosters for home use, and to make sure you’re choosing the right Wi-Fi booster for your home.
BEST WIFI EXTENDER FOR FAST HOME CONNECTION
We understand that shopping for a Wi-Fi range extenders can seem overwhelming, that’s why we’ve pulled together the best Wi-Fi Booster for home use in one place, so you can shop with confidence. Without further ado, let’s move on to the reviews.
1. NETGEAR Wi-Fi Range Extender EX6120
- Extends WiFi range coverage up to 1500 sq ft, and connects up to 25 devices such as laptops, smartphones, speakers, IP cameras, tablets, IoT devices, and more
- Provides up to 1200 Mbps WiFi speed using dual band and patented FastLane (TM) technology for video streaming and casual gaming
- Works with any wireless router or cable modem with Wi-Fi. System Requirements-Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0, Firefox 20 or Safari 5.1 or Google Chrome 25.0 browsers or higher
- Simply plug in game consoles, streaming players, or other nearby wired devices using the Ethernet port for maximum speed
- Supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols. NOTE : Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Installation and Troubleshooting Steps
- Coverage Up to 1200 Sq Ft
- 20 Devices access point with AC1200 Dual-band wifi
- Wireless Signal Booster & Wifi Repeater (Up to 1200Mbps Speed)
- Compact Wall Plug Design and Wired Gigabit Ethernet port
- Universal compatibility: works with any wireless router, gateway, or cable modem with Wi-Fi.
Whether you’re looking to accommodate multiple streaming devices, or are hoping to up your overall productivity, this is a great option for you. Connect to your existing router with one button press, connect devices to your wifi network, and you’re done in 5-Minute Setup
Offering both 2G and 5G dual-band connections, this device allows you to increase your internet speed with no hassle at all. One 10/100M Ethernet port lets you easily connect to a nearby wired device for faster transfer and uninterrupted connection.
The dual antenna setup is perfect for larger homes, as it allows the signal to reach further than your wi-fi router ever could.
A convenient light on the case of this Wi-Fi booster shows if you are getting a strong or weak signal, so you can easily adjust the location of your wi-fi repeater to better accommodate all the devices in your home. Built for Streaming Up to 1200Mbps wireless speed for HD streaming and gaming.
Customers noted that while this device did work well for their needs, it did not have as high of a range as they had hoped. They also noted that setup went much easier when using their phone, as opposed to their laptop or computer.
You can also connect wired devices such as gaming consoles, Blu-ray players, Smart TVs, or streaming players to your Wi-Fi network using the range extender’s Gigabit port to enjoy up to 10x the data transfer speeds of Fast Ethernet.
However, they were pleased with the increase in Wi-Fi speeds and noted this extender was exceptional for home use. This compliments the Netgear nighthawk x6s ex8000 works with the Netgear Orbi, Netgear n300 wireless router, and even a mesh router.Buy For LOWEST Price
2. Linksys RE7000 AC1900 Gigabit Range Extender
- All Linksys Certified refurbished products are tested, upgraded to latest firmware, and certified by Linksys technicians. They also come with a 90-day warranty.
- Works with all Wi-Fi Routers and Multi-User MIMO Routers
- Simple setup with Push Button Connect and Spot Finder Technology for optimal placement and performance
- Eliminates Wi-Fi dead zones and boost Next-Gen AC Wi-Fi in and around your home
- Expand Wi-Fi coverage up to 10,000 square feet
- WiFi Booster and Wireless Repeater MU-MIMO (Max Stream RE7000)
- Boost Wi-Fi coverage up to 10,000 square feet
- Advanced dual-band WiFi speeds up to 1900 MBS
- Eliminates Wi-Fi dead zones and boosts Next-Gen AC Wi-Fi
- Simple setup access point with push button connect and spot finder
This Wi-Fi signal booster uses Beamforming technology to direct Wi-Fi signals to each device for increased signal strength and wifi coverage. Comes with Fast Wired Connection with Gigabit Ethernet Port
This Linksys MU-MIMO Wireless Network Extender is compatible with all Wi-Fi routers, including those from Internet service providers. Plus, you needn’t adjust your router’s settings when installing this range extender.
With an intelligent sensor LED light ring on the front of the device, you can easily see if you are placing this booster in the optimal position in your home. And with a three-light signal strength indicator, you can see how well your internet is performing overall, allowing you to customize this device’s location to better serve your home.
For added convenience, once this device is connected to the router, it can be moved to any location without needing to resync, making it easier than ever to adjust your Wi-Fi booster to suit your individual needs.
Gain enhanced wired device speeds for a Smart TV, gaming console, Blu-ray Disc player, tether app, or other Wi-Fi device using the Gigabit Ethernet port. It is worth noting that although this device offers a significantly stronger signal rating than many other Wi-Fi boosters on the market, it does not have as high of a range.
While this is not an issue for smaller homes, if you have a larger home you may need a more powerful booster. Still, Linksys RE7000 wireless extender offers reliable, fast internet for a great price, and can support many devices at once, allowing you to take full advantage of the 1,900 Mbps speed boost.Buy For LOWEST Price
3. Super Boost Wi-Fi Range Extender Signal Booster
- Consumer Alert: Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device.
Wifi Router Top Features:
- Long Range up to 2500 FT
- 1200 MBPS Wireless Internet Amplifier
- Covers 15 Devices
- 4 External Advanced Antennas
The Superboost Wi Fi Range Extender offers 2,500 square feet of wi-fi coverage with one simple device. With speed capabilities of 300 Mbps, this WiFi booster does allow you to have a consistent, reliable connection throughout your whole home.
This device features a dual antenna system that can be rotated to provide a stronger wi fi signal, as well as a set of indicator lights on the front of the box to help you find the optimal location for a stronger connection.
Made to connect up to 15 devices at once, this booster is ideal for large families or shared living situations, where multiple people will be connecting to the same signal.
As a bonus, this device offers five unique modes, which allow it to serve as a wireless router, signal repeater, and more. Plus, this device is specifically made to boost your wifi signal through walls, doors, and more , making it ideal for multilevel homes.
Customers noted that this Wi-Fi booster is ideal for home use, especially in multilevel homes. Many customers went from little to no connection on their second story to a strong, sustained connection with no dead zones and no signal drops.
While some customers did note it took about an hour to set up the booster, in all cases this added effort was well worth it, as this booster helped rocket their connection speeds to new levels, making it an easy top choice for our list.Buy For LOWEST Price
4. Anthter 1200Mbps Wi-Fi Repeater
- Extend Wi-Fi Coverage : Boost Internet Wi-Fi Coverage up to 1500 Square feet and connects up to 25 devices - Compatible with any Wifi Router or access point¹²
- Fast Ethernet Port: Experience wired speed and reliability anywhere in your home by connecting your favorite device to the fast ethernet port.
- Access Point Mode: The Ethernet port of RE315 can easily turn your wired Internet connection into a wireless access point. It can also function as a wireless adapter to connect wired devices, like Blu-ray player, game console or smart TV
- Universal Compatibility: The RE315 range extender is compatible with all Wi-Fi-enabled devices and WiFi routers or WiFi Access Points.²
- Supports TP-Link OneMesh - Creates a Mesh network by connecting to a OneMesh router for seamless whole-home coverage, like Archer A7, Archer AX21
This extender offers complete home coverage with one convenient device. Working off of a dual-band wireless signal system, this booster provides both 2.4G and 5G connection options for a combined total of almost 1,200 Mbps.
While not as wide-ranged as some of the other options on this list, these boosters offer consistent connection throughout most of your home and can help eliminate dead zones in seconds flat.
This wifi network extender offers wifi coverage of up to 1,000 square feet, making it better suited for smaller homes or single-floor living situations. It comes equipped with a smart wireless signal location feature, allowing you to find the ideal location for this handy booster in no time.
Reviewers noted that this product was much simpler to set up than many of the other routers on the market, and noted that while it did not provide as large of a range as some options, it was still able to supply consistent connectivity to two-story homes, as well as extend the signal outside of the house for security cameras, sensor lights, and more. If you’re looking for a mid-strength booster for a smaller home, this is a great investment for you.No products found.
5. Nextbox Wireless Extender with WPS Internet Signal Booster
- 1200 Mbps – 2.4 & 5GHz Dual Band Network
- Signal Booster with WPS Quick Connection
- Coverage up to 3000sq.ft Range
- 32 Devices, Alexa Compatible
With WPS Internet Signal Booster has been specially developed to help extend your Wi-Fi signal to smart home devices, no matter where in your home they may sit. While this device does sit on the lower end of speed capabilities with 1200 Mbps, the added range allows for your home to have a consistent internet connection no matter where you connect.
The Nextbox device comes with easy-to-read signal lights on the front to help you track wifi signal strength, and the adjustable dual antennas allow you to optimize this Wi-Fi booster to reach all corners of your home.
Not only does this device help keep your smart home devices connected to the internet, but it can also improve streaming quality and connect to consoles and computers to help keep your ping low while gaming.
Reviewers noted that they used a speed testing app to help place this device in their home, as it does not come equipped with a precise signal testing feature.
However, once installed, the Nextbox WiFi Repeater with WPS Internet Signal Booster drastically increased their wifi signal strength and helped eliminated dead zones, especially between floors. One reviewer noted that this device was even able to boost their internet connection up to the third floor of their home, making this an ideal device for anyone with a larger home.Buy For LOWEST Price
6. Rock Space 1200Mbps WiFi Repeater
- 【DUAL BAND HIGH SPEED STABLE SIGNAL】The speed of this range extender is 300Mbps for 2.4GHz and 867Mbps for 5GHz. Combined dual band speeds of up to 1167 Mbps. And this wifi booster can automatically switch to high-quality band for better performance. Ideal for HD video streaming & online gaming. Say goodbye to loading and offlines!
- 【WIDE COVERAGE WITH SMART SIGNAL INDICATOR】The Coverage of this wifi booster is up to up to 1292 sq.ft., covering your bedroom, corridor and restroom. Provides high speed wifi to previously no signal zone in your home! It also has a wifi signal indicator which helps you find the best extending location.
- 【HIGH COMPATIBILITY WITH WIRELESS AP FUNCTION】This wifi range extender works with all 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac standards of router or gateway. And there is a gigabit ethernet port on the buttom, allows this wireless extender function as a wireless access point to connect your router directly.
- 【EASY TO SET UP】If you have a WPS compatible router, you can set it up by simply pressing the WPS button! Or set up via the web browser based on almost any OS, including Microsoft Windows XP, Vista , 7, 8, 10, Mac OS or iOS and Android mobile platforms.
- 【IDEAL FOR MIDIUM SIZED APARTMENT OR HOUSE】With this WiFi range extender you can effectively double the coverage area of your WiFi network. Reaching far corners of your home or office, different floors, or even extend coverage to your garden!
Simple, compact, and easy to use, the Rock Space WiFi Range Extender helps bring coverage to your whole home, whether that means boosting your signal through multiple stories or simply expanding your coverage through one level of your home.
Like many of the options on our list, this is a dual antenna booster, giving you added signal quality throughout your home, however, the adjustable antennas are limited in their range of motion, somewhat minimizing the level of adjustments you can make.
While this wireless extender offers up to 1,200 Mbps, that does limit the range of this device, meaning it may need to be centrally located to ensure a strong wifi signal strength. Another potential downside to this device is the limited number of LED indicators on its surface.
However, for those who are more technologically experienced, or who are confident in their ability to use a speed tester app to find the optimal booster location, this device is an excellent investment.
Reviewers noted that they still experienced small instances of weak or dropped signals with this booster. However, they praised how easy it was to set up, and noted that around 95% of the time their internet wi-fi signal was incredibly improved compared to no booster at all for the wi-fi network.
One reviewer noted that the front signal light provided a somewhat accurate indicator for device placement, so long as you were patient. Overall, this is a great Wi-Fi booster for the home, so long as you are patient with setup and have a smaller home.Buy For LOWEST Price
7. Fortrehui WiFi Network Extender
- Extend Wi-Fi Coverage - Boost Internet Wi-Fi coverage up to 1200 square feet and connects up to 20 devices - Compatible with Wi-Fi Router, Gateway, Access Point (2.4GHz - 300Mbps ; 5GHz - 433Mbps)
- Eliminate Wi-Fi Dead Zones - Enjoy Lag-Free Connection to any type of devices, including wired devices via Fast Ethernet port. System Requirements - Microsoft Windows 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OS, NetWare, UNIX or Linux
- Stay Connected - Expand Wi-Fi Coverage for your Smart Phones, Smart TV, Fire Stick, Google Chromecast, Web Browsing, Alexa Echo, Ring and more
- Easy Set Up - 2 Simple taps and you are ready to connect, smart indicator light helps to install in best optimal location
- OneMesh Technology - Enables the creation of a OneMesh network for seamless roaming when paired with the Archer A7 Router (more devices to be updated in the future)
Offers a range of over 1500 square feet and 1,200 Mbps. This compact device offers a dual-band wireless repeater perfect for streaming, as well as supporting multiple devices at once.
It is worth noting that the setup can be a bit more complicated than some other routers, but reviewers noted that following the included instructions made the overall experience that much easier. Able to extend your Wi-Fi through multiple stories, as well as to separate buildings such as garages or home offices, this is a great option for the entrepreneur.
While the antennas are not as mobile as some other devices, the four-antenna wi-fi system can be adjusted to help reach every corner of your home, making it ideal for larger living spaces.
Overall, this is a great option for anyone looking to boost their internet without added frills then you need this wireless network extender. It is worth noting that the setup instructions should be followed step-by-step and as closely as possible, as not following the instructions can lead to connectivity issues and frustration.
However, customers noted that the instructions were easy enough to follow, and once their devices were connected, they experienced little to no signal issues throughout their entire home.
While this does complicate the use of the device enough for it to not make the top of our list, it is well worth the investment and is a great option for anyone looking for a powerful wireless repeater for their home.Buy For LOWEST Price
8. MSRM 1200Mbps WiFi Range Extender
- Stable Signal Boosts: This WiFi repeater equipped with 4 external antennas, covering up to 360 degrees, higher penetration, enhance the WiFi network and eliminate dead zones, up to bedroom, floors, restroom, garage, basement and garden, outdoor wifi extender, allow you enjoy wifi throughout whole home.
- Wide Compatibility: Internet extender, support 30 devices, compatible with mobile phones, tablets, laptop, smart TV, security cameras, printers and other device connections. Wireless extender, provides interference-free, lightning-fast data functions for your home devices. WiFi booster, Easily extend the range of your home WiFi network and keep all your mobile devices connected without having to purchase more equipment.
- One-Tap Setup: It can easily extend the wireless coverage by pressing the WPS button. Or set up via browser website(192.168.188.1) on almost any devices, including Windows/Android/iOS mobile platforms. Internet booster, 4 external antennas and advance central processor to better extend wireless signal to hard-to-reach areas.
- Safe Network Access: This wifi extender can maximize the network security, ensure your network safety, prevent others stealing your net, protect your important data and avoid the interference and privacy problems of Wi-Fi. Wifi booster and signal amplifier, enabled will never worry about internet attack or privacy information leakage when using the internet.
- Working Modes: Repeater Mode is for extending WiFi coverage of an existing wireless network. AP Mode is for covering a wired network to a wireless network. The two Ethernet ports and 4 External Antennas to achieve the best performance, being able to connect to any wired Ethernet device such as smart TV, desktop and so on while boosting your existing WiFi coverage. (WiFi 2.4&5GHz Dual Band WPS, WiFi Signal Strong Penetrability).
This powerful Wireless Signal Booster offers almost 1,200 Mbps of speed thanks to a dual-band wifi connection. With easy-to-read LED signals that help you find the optimal signal location in your home and four antennas that can be adjusted to provide a stronger signal, you’ll never find yourself in a dead zone again.
This device was developed with all devices in mind, from your PC to your smart home devices, and the increased signal speed allows you to connect with confidence knowing you’ll have fast, reliable service with no dips or drops in signal.
Reviewers applauded how easy it was to connect to this device, noting they had to hit the button on the front of the device and it automatically connected to their wi-fi router.
However, customers did note they had higher reliability connecting to the 2.4G signal over the 5G signal, as it was better at penetrating walls, floors, and other barriers. And come with a powerline adapter.
Still, they noted the slower Mbps upload wi fi speed offered by the 2.4G band did not impact streaming services, making this a great option for high-bandwidth households looking for that extra signal boost.Buy For LOWEST Price
9. TP-Link N300 WiFi Network Extender (TL-WA855RE)
- Extend Wi-Fi Coverage - Boost Internet Wi-Fi Coverage up to 800 Square feet - Compatible with any Wi-Fi Router, Gateway, Access Point
- Eliminate Wi-Fi Dead Zones - Enjoy Lag-Free connection to any type of devices, including wired devices via Ethernet Port
- Stay connected - Expand Wi-Fi coverage for your Smart Phones, Smart TV, Fire Stick, Google Chromecast, Web Browsing, Alexa Echo, Ring and more
- Easy Set Up - 2 simple taps and you are ready to connect, smart indicator light helps to install in best optimal location
- Single Band 2.4GHz - 2 external Antennas with MIMO technology for improved range versus standard range extenders. The product may not be compatible with routers or gateways with firmware that has been altered, is based on open source programs, or is non-standard or outdated
Compact, effective, and covers up to 800 square feet per unit. Made to plug into a wall outlet and go, this Wi-Fi extender offers a 300 Mbps speed boost, allowing you to have reliable internet throughout your whole home.
The dual antenna setup provides more reliable service than many of the other Wi-Fi boosters on the market, but new devices like Mesh Network routers and mesh wi fi systems have become more connected and more
This handy extender can eliminate dead zones throughout your home, and provide a reliable signal to your phone, your laptop, and countless other Wi-Fi-enabled electronics with ease. With easy-to-follow setup instructions and dedicated customer support, it’s no surprise this is one of our top picks for the best WiFi booster.
With over 41,000 positive customer reviews, saying this is a buyer-friendly product is an understatement. Customers raved about how easy it was to set up, how helpful the customer support team was, and how much stronger their signal was throughout their homes.\
From three-story homes to basement dwellings, people found that the TP-Link N300 WiFi Extender offered them a strong, consistent source or connection with little to no fuss.
If you are looking for the best WiFi extender out there, the TP-Link N300 WiFi Extender is a wise investment backed by thousands of customer reviews. However, it is worth noting that with a range of only 800 square feet, you may need more than one for larger homes.
An alternative device like the TP-Link Deco Mesh Wi Fi System(Deco M5) offers Up to 5,500 sq. ft. for Whole Home Coverage. It uses a mesh network and can connect 100+ devices. Works with mesh Router to enhance your wireless network extender.Buy For LOWEST Price
10. GALAWAY Wireless Extender 2.4GHz WiFi Signal Amplifier
No products found.
This allows you to extend coverage to your whole home, from one central location. Made to ignore thick walls and multiple floors, this extender helps bring stronger, reliable Wi-Fi to your whole home.
This easy-to-use device plugs into a wall outlet and boasts speeds of 300 Mbps, making it ideal for speeding up your download and upload speeds significantly, especially in areas of the home where WiFi coverage used to be spotty at best.
The dual antenna setup allows for more evenly distributed coverage throughout the house, as they can be angled in multiple directions depending on what suits your home’s unique coverage needs.
No matter if you’re looking to give your Wi-Fi signal that extra boost, or are hoping to extend wi fi coverage to a new addition, the basement, your garage, or anywhere else in your home, this is a great option to give you the added signal strength you’ve been looking for. Customers noted that this booster worked about the same, if not better than being hardwired into their router.
While some had a few minor issues setting up, which were resolved by linking the booster directly into their computer during installation, the added signal strength and performance throughout the home more than made up for a few setup complications.Buy For LOWEST Price
BEST WI-FI EXTENDERS FOR HOME PURCHASING GUIDE
It can be overwhelming to try and fir the right Wi-Fi booster for your home. That’s why we’ve put together a quick-and-easy purchasing guide to help you shop with confidence.
It’s best to have a solid understanding of how large of an area you’re hoping to cover before investing in a Wi-Fi booster. The smaller the home, the less powerful of a booster you’ll need. The range of a Wi-Fi booster indicates how far the repeated signal can reach.
This range can be impacted by things like walls, floors, and doors. While a device may have a functional range of 2,400 square feet, if you have a multistory home or are looking to bring the signal to your basement, the functional range may be much smaller.
In order to get the best out of your Wi-Fi booster, you’ll want to place it in a central location. Since boosters work by taking the signal from your router and amplifying it, you will get the best results if the booster is close enough to your existing router to pick up the signal reliably, instead of placing it near where your home has the worst coverage.
2. Wi-fi Speed
Internet speed is measured in megabits per second (Mbps) and represents how many megabits can be sent or received in one second.
Wi-Fi boosters can range from 300 Mbps to 1,200 Mbps, though the higher the wi-fi speed the more likely it is a dual-band wi-fi system, which produces two connection sources, usually 2G and 5G options.
It’s worth noting that the further you are from your wi-fi router or booster, the slower the speeds, meaning that while a booster may be able to provide a high-speed connection near the source of the signal, it may taper off at the outward range.
FAQs About the Best WiFi Extenders
What is the strongest and best Wi-Fi extender?
The D-Link DAP-1650 WiFi Range Extender (AC1200) is the most powerful WiFi extender we’ve tested, with dual-band 802.11ac support and four gigabit Ethernet ports for high-speed wired connections.
What is the difference between a Wi-Fi extender and a WiFi booster?
When two or more hosts must communicate with one another via the IEEE 802.11 protocol and the distance between them is too great for a direct connection to be established, a wireless booster is used to bridge the gap. A WiFi extender is a device that extends the range of your WiFi network.
Do WiFi extenders actually work?
WiFi extenders, in fact, can increase the range of your wireless network. However, their effectiveness is limited by a number of factors, including the speed of your internet connection, the distance between your router, the areas in your home that require WiFi coverage, and the WiFi demands of your family.