Many people struggle to find a dependable charging cable.
Because smartphone technologies are constantly changing, not all charging cables are compatible with the adapters. Using the wrong charging cables degrades your phone charger.
Furthermore, because smartphones have different USB ports, there is no such thing as a universal charger. There is only one solution to all charger issues: use a magnetic charging cable, also known as a magnetic charger.
If you want to buy one, this guide will help you choose the best magnetic charging cable.
This article is about the best magnetic charging cables. Before I get to that, let me first explain the characteristics that make magnetic charging cables so great.
Why Use A Magnetic Phone Charger?
A magnetic charging cable is a charger that you can attach your phone to. As with other charging cables, a magnetic phone charger has four basic parts: a plug with two prongs, a button, a coil of wire, and a magnetic connector.
The physical connection allows you to charge your phone and simultaneously hold the cable in place.
It is also designed to be used for both types of charging, with your phone being charged through the internal magnet. If you like, you can also attach the cable to a dock for additional charging.
There are a couple of reasons why you would want to use a magnetic phone charger:
- Wireless charging: Some of your newer phones don’t have a proper charging port. This is where a magnetic phone charger comes in.
- When it comes to phone chargers, you have a couple of options: wireless and wired. Wireless chargers work like standard wireless chargers, with no cables required. Instead of plugging your phone into the charger, you place your phone on a charging pad. When the charger detects your phone, it starts charging.
- Wireless charging is a pretty sweet feature, but the tradeoff is that you’ll need to place your phone on a pad to charge. This can be somewhat difficult, especially if you’re using your phone a lot.
- When it comes to laptop charging, the standard is “wired.” You charge your laptop with a traditional USB power adapter, which plugs into the USB port on the back of your laptop. The cable plugged into your laptop is typically thicker than the cable you get when you buy a wireless charger.
Why Is Magnetic Charging Cables The Best?
Because many wireless charging mats don’t come with a wired charging cable, there are a ton of options to choose from. Magnetic charging cables fit neatly into the charging pad and extend from the bottom of your smartphone.
Wireless charging only works with a wireless charger. Once you’ve purchased your wireless charging cable, never ever use a regular charger ever again.
Wireless charging means no cords, no cables, and no batteries. Charging cables are wasteful and one of the main reasons you’re charging your phone with a regular charger is because you didn’t realize how expensive a wireless charging cable is.
Not only are these wires thick and unwieldy, but they’re also very bulky. Using a regular cable instead of a wireless charging cable means you’re wasting your money.
What To Look For When Buying Magnetic Charging Cables?
First of all, you should not use the cable’s wire, adapter, or dock connector. The charging cable should be the only way to charge the smartphone. If it’s not, it is less likely that the adapter will work with the phone. Second, make sure that the charger doesn’t require a regular phone cable to function.
This is because the cable itself will not be able to perform that function and may even break. Once you’ve done that, your next step should be finding a magnetic charging cable.
Most of the high-quality charging cables available at retailers have a magnetic charging surface built into the cable. This provides a better connection and is more likely to be compatible with the chargers of the phones you have.
Best Magnetic Charging Cable For iPhone
The first cable to appear in the smartphone charging cable market is Apple’s Lightning to Micro USB. However, you will not find a Lightning to Lightning cable at any Apple retail store.
The official description states that the cable only works with Apple’s iPhone and iPad devices. Apple sells a magnetic charging cable that matches the USB standard, which you can buy from Apple’s online store or Apple Authorized Resellers.
However, you must buy the cable through Apple; it cannot be purchased from any of Apple’s reseller stores. As with other third-party iPhone chargers, the USB standard cable is not compatible with any iPhone adapter.
1. Terasako Magnetic Phone Charger Cable For Mobile Device
Terasako Magnetic Charging Cable 3 in 1 Nylon Braided Magnetic Phone Charger, Compatible with Micro USB, Type C, Product, and Most USB Device.
The Terasako magnetic phone charger cable Pack is a product that will astound you in terms of performance. With a fast-charging mechanism, this magnetic charging cable truly provides an all-in-one solution for all devices.
It is specifically designed to charge faster than any other standard cable on the market. If you have a fast charging adapter, it will only take about an hour to charge.
The Terasako Magnetic Charging Cable Pack has universal compatibility. As a result, it can easily connect with a variety of devices that run on both the Android and iOS platforms.
Because the magnetic tips come with three different kinds of platforms! As a result, you have the option of connecting via Micro-USB, Type-C, or i-product. Furthermore, the tip enables you to switch and charge your devices.
The option of having a dust-proof interface impressed everyone about the Terasako Magnetic Charging Cable Pack. As a result, carrying the cable outside or using it in multiple places becomes much easier.
You can simply use the magnetic tip of the cable to connect to the charging interface. It is easier to transport the device for our outdoor work because it is completely dust-free.
Aside from that, the Terasako Magnetic Charging Cable Pack includes a set of four cables with magnetic tips. This enables you to perform multiple tasks with the product at the same time. Furthermore, having an 18-month warranty is a great benefit for any magnetic cable available.
3 Best Magnetic Charging Cables For Android Phones
The popularity of the smartphone has made it very easy to charge on the go. You don’t need to plug in your phone overnight, as long as you have a charger near you.
You can get a quick boost of power delivery for a half-hour if you need to wake up and go out. To charge the phone from a charger, you will need to plug the cable into the USB port.
The cable will then support the flow of electricity, and when you plug your phone in, the cable will automatically guide it to the top of the charger. You can then finish charging.
There are two kinds of magnetic charging cables. The first is a short cable, which is usually 5 feet or less. The second is a long, 3-foot cable. 5-Foot Magnetic Charging Cables It is better to go with a short cable than with a long cable.
- ⚡540° Rotation Combination： This magnetic charging cable can be rotated 360 degrees and also 180 degrees, from straight charging to 90°L shape charging to make charging more convenient while you are using your device. Its output 5V 2A Charging Magnetic Cable (not for a-pple Car Play, Android Auto, and data transfer).
- ⚡Different size lengths： The set contains 4 different sizes of charging cables. The 1.6ft charging cable is convenient to carry in the bag when going out, and it does not take up too much space. The 3.3ft charging cable is suitable for use in the office or while driving. The 6.6ft charging cable is suitable for long-distance use from the socket to the table. The 10ft charging cable is suitable for home use, you can lie on the sofa to use your devices for video or games while you are charging.
- ⚡Strong Magnetic and 3 in 1 Design：The magnetic charging cable has strong magnetism, enough to bear the weight of a smartphone, to avoid the device from falling and causing you losses. The magnetic charging cable come with Micro-USB, Type-C, and i adapters to meet your everyday charging needs!Note that the i charging head is single-sided charging, please put the side with the arrow up.
- ⚡Durable & Interface Dust-Proof： 540 degree magnetic phone charger cable is designed with premium aluminum and durable nylon braided fiber. It passed 8,000+ bending tests and 10,000+ plugging and unplugging tests. Inserting the magnetic tip at the charging interface of the phone can prevent dust from sticking, especially for long time use.
- ⚡WHAT YOU GET：7-Pack magnetic charging cable with different length combinations, The package includes: 1 x 1.6ft magnetic cable, 2 x 3.3ft magnetic cable, 2 x 6.6ft magnetic cable, 2 x 10ft magnetic cable4 x magnetic micro-tip, 4 x magnetic Type-C tip, 4 x magnetic i tips.Reminder：For charging only, doesn't support fast charging! doesn't support data transfer! This magnetic charging cable is a special charging cable for mobile phones, and it is not recommended to charge tablets.
- CHARGING MADE MORE CONVENIENT - Our magnetic charging cable allows for 360° rotation. This eliminates the trouble of turning cable connectors for a quick, one-handed charging operation.
- UNDISRUPTED CHARGING - The magnets in our charging kit securely stick to each other to create a solid attachment that won't snap off easily; hence, resulting in a more stable connection.
- COMPATIBLE WITH MOST DEVICES - Our phone charger cable comes with a variety of connectors including micro-USB, type-C, and i-product tips. It's basically the only charger you'll ever need!
- MULTIPLE LENGTHS - 3/3/6/6/10ft - Different lengths cords can be used on sofas, beds, cars and other places. Enjoy charging always and everywhere, without worrying about taking the cable anywhere.
- SUPER VALUE PACK - Includes 5 magnetic charging cables, 4 magnetic micro-USB tips, 4 magnetic type-C tips, and 4 magnetic i-product tips. Every purchase is backed by our solid 12-month warranty.
- ⚡【Universal 3-in-1 Design & Strong Magnetic】TOPK USB Magnetic Cable has super strong magnetic,which will avoid disconnecting,Output 5V/2.4A (max), Universal 2-in-1 design making one cable compatible with USB C, Micro USB devices, You can switch the magnetic connector to charge your different devices. Do Not compatible with Car Play, Android Auto,No Data transfer and Fast charging.
- ⚡【Multi Length & 360°Rotating Design】:6-pack (1ft,3ft,3ft,6ft,6ft,10ft) magnetic cable combination can make most of your charging things conveninent.such as freely charge on the couch or sofa, in your bedroom, office and even in the backseat of your car, 90°L shape and 360°rotating magnetic head design makes charging more convenient while you are playing phone games or chatting
- ⚡【One-Hand Operation & Led Light】: You can use one hand to operate this phone charge cable to make charging on/off,it is convenient and safe while you are driving a car,the led light design makes it easy to find the USB cable especially in darkness
- ⚡【Interface Dust-Proof】: Inserting the magnetic tip at the charging interface of the phone can prevent dust from sticking, especially for long time use
- 【3 in 1 Design&Wide applicability】: PACK LIST：Magnetic Cable x6, Magnetic USB C connector x5, Magnetic Micro USB connector x5, Magnetic i-product connector *5, our worry-free 12-month and friendly customer service.
A Couple Of Android Phone Charging Cable Are:
1. Samsung Fast Charge Adaptor
A fast charger is a must-have accessory if you want to charge your phone quickly. Samsung is one of the most popular brands for Android phones, so most people will have a Samsung charger lying around the house.
The Fast Charge Adaptor uses a compatible Samsung fast charger. As the name implies, it converts the phone’s normal charger into a fast one. Thus, you can take advantage of the faster-charging technology.
2. Maxboost PD-X Fast Charge
Another Samsung charger is the Maxboost PD-X Fast Charge. The one-piece design offers great protection from scratches.
It also comes with a micro USB C cable and a flat 1.5m USB-C to USB-C cable. You can attach any type of adapter to make use of your phone’s fast-charging capability.
Magnetic Charging Cables For MacBook
The MacBook Pro’s built-in charger uses a Qi inductive charging coil. However, Apple’s included charger does not support fast charging for the new MacBook. Therefore, you need a specific Apple cable. However, there are only two cable options available from Apple: the 0.7mm model and the 1.0mm model.
The MacBook Pro 0.7mm cable is slightly thicker and slightly less reliable than the MacBook Pro 1.0mm cable, but it does charge the laptop very quickly.
The 1.0mm cable is also thicker than the 0.7mm cable, but it’s very light and works pretty well. If you want to buy an Apple Lightning charging cable, go for the 1.0mm cable. It is the best choice for the new MacBook.
Magnetic charging cables are compatible with all MacBooks and MacBook Pros. That’s why there are so many out there. In fact, some companies sell even more than one magnetic cable, because you can use each cable to charge different devices for MacBook.
- Input: AC 100-240V, 50-60Hz; Output: DC 16.5V-3.65a.
- Magnetic T-Tip: T-Tip magnetic 5-Pin DC connector helps guide the plug into the system for a quick and secure connection. An amber light lets you know that your notebook is charging, while a green light tells you that you have full charge.
- Protective function: replacement chargers are manufactured with the highest quality materials and include multiple smart features safeguarding against over current, over voltage, over load, short-circuit protection and auto recovery, CE/FCC/RoHS certified.
- Compatible with Mac Pro 13inch with Retina Display or Mac air：md212, MD213, MD662, ME864, ME865.ME866, Mgx72, Mgx82, Mgx92, MF839, MF840, MF841, MF843.
- Dependable Protection: With built-in safeguards to protect against overcharging, overheating, short circuiting; enjoy worry-free 12-month warranty and 24hours friendly customer service.
- ✅【Magnetic Connector to USB C Devices】USB C Magnetic Converter is designed to get back magnetic feature to new MacBook (Pro) with USB-C ports and other USB C devices. It makes cable connecting as easy as a snap, avoids scratching the surface of your devices, and prevents disconnect during accidental dragging, ensuring that your device will not be damaged by falling.
- ✅【100W Fast Charging】Mantis Magnetic USB C adapter Type-c PD fast charging technology, can support 20V / 5A maximum current efficiency. [Charge speed also depends on the charger Adapter whether if support Quick Charge]
- ✅【New Upgrade】The USB C magnetic Tips use brand new design, top-notch magnet, The front alloy shell increases the number of plug-in and unplugging. The LED indicator shows the power supply status of the PD Charger.The 90-degree angle can be reverse to adapt to more usage scenarios. For MacBook Pro/Air, 2019 iPad Pro, Dell XPS, More Type C Laptops and Phones.
- ✅【Compatible for MacBook Pro 2019/2020】This magnetic adapter is designed for smartphones and laptops using Type-C, with perfect transmission and charging capabilities. Meet the needs of the most popular devices compatible for MacBook Pro.
- ✅【Buy without Worry】Strict factory inspection to ensure product quality. The smartphone usb type c adapter comes with a 100% satisfied worry-free customer service. Any questions or product quality problem please at first contact us. Please note: This magnetic adapter without cable.
- 🟢Female USB C to magnetic T tip charging cable for Mac Book allows you charge your laptop with PD devices via 45-65W 20V 3A USB-C Power Delivery (PD) wall charger or power bank (Note: PD function + with 20v 3a output at least)
- 🟢Features: Lightweight design, durable portable, support PD charging, Its compact and lightweight design is easy for your to take in your bag and easier to leave charger cable in different places you use instead of unplugging and plugging in wherever you go. It is perfects for traveling, meeting, school teaching.
- 🟢PD Device: We suggest use PD 60W 61W 87W 96W and other PD devices 65w or more power. At least PD 60W with PD 20V 3A output, So low power PD chargers will not work. and if you use it as 85w, please use PD 87W at least to make sure enough power.
- 🟢Compatible Machines and models: A1436 A1465 A1466 MD223CH/A, MD224CH/A, MD231CH/A, MD232CH/A MD711ZP/A, MD712ZP/A, MD760ZP/A, MD761ZP/A ( Note:It is not compatible for Magsafe 3 )
- 🟢What you will get?: 1pcs Female USB C to MG2 T tip cable & 12 months free replacement or refund service.If you have any question about magnetic T tip adapter charging cable for Mac Book, please contact us in time, we will reply you within 24 hours.
Examples Of 5 Macbook Lightning Magnetic Adapter Cord
These are some of the best magnetic USB c cables.
- Wired traditional charging cables: Aoingo 1.5mm USB charging cable Adapter: Apple Thunderbolt-to-USB cable Pricing: $29 Fremo
- Evo 5mm magnetic charging cable Adapter: Apple Thunderbolt-to-USB cable Pricing: $19 Wireless:
- Belkin Magnetic Universal Magnetic charging cable Adapter: Apple USB-C to USB-C cable Pricing: $29
- Aoingo Magnetic charging cable Adapter: iPhone and Android magnetic charging cable Pricing: $29
- Wireless: Leatt Wireless Magnetic USB cable Pricing: $20 That’s a lot of cables!
CONCLUSION On The Best Magnetic Charging Cable
There are many types of magnetic charging cables available. There is a lot of debate regarding which type is best, but the truth is, there are none that are as good as the ones you can buy for your phone.
All of these cables work with any adapter you have and are compatible with all smartphones. If you find that your phone cables are fragile and are breaking more often than usual, buy a good magnetic charging cable and your charging cables will never break again.
This guide has made you aware of the best magnetic charging cables. If you haven’t found the right one, do not hesitate to check out a similar review on the Amazon product page and see what’s the best product.
FAQs About Best Magnetic Charging Cable
Are magnetic charging cables any good?
Here is why I consider magnetic charging cables to be great: They are lightweight. They are flexible. They have a longer life span. The best magnetic charging cables are actually wire-free and have no conductors at all. They are usually made out of silicone, flexible material, and are easy to clean.
Are magnetic chargers bad for your phone?
Some people claim that magnetic charging cables can damage your phone charger, but the truth is, not many people are using the incorrect charging cables for their devices. If you care about your smartphone, you should choose a good charging cable head.
Can any USB cable be used for fast charging?
You will not get fast charging speed if you charge a smartphone with a regular USB cable and a fast-charging power brick/adapter. This is due to the fact that a standard cable is limited in the amount of power it can send to a device.
Do magnets affect cell phone batteries?
Household magnets have no effect on most phone batteries. A very strong magnetic field can cause the battery to work slightly harder to supply the correct voltage, causing the battery to wear out faster. A strong horseshoe magnet, on the other hand, would not be enough to drain your phone’s battery.
Do magnetic chargers charge faster?
Yes, this magnetic charging cable does charge faster than a regular lightning cable. However, the speed may vary depending on your smartphone, its specifications, and the charging ports. For instance, some Samsung smartphones do not support the lightning cable’s lightning port.